Feeds

back to article Mash it up with online gods at reMix08

Microsoft’s reMix08 lands on the golden beaches of Brighton next month and The Register can help you get there on the cheap. We’ve barracked the Microsoft marketing bods into giving Reg readers a tasty discount for the event. It normally costs £349 (including VAT), but by using the following claims code you and all of your …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

funky

Anyone using the word "funky" when not referring specifically to Bootsy Collins or Sly & the Family Stone should be put to death. "Ultra funky" deserves waterboading before the bullet in the back of the head.

Flame

why do these things take the piss on price?

I just don't get it. I go watch bands week in week out for £8-£25 a time, I get to listen to great music, get drunk and have great fun.

Something like this comes along which will benefit me business wise and they want me to take a mortgage to listen to a bunch of pretensious tossers talk AT me for hours on end.

I would go for £40 not closer to £400.

Gates Halo

somewhat worth it

It is expensive but last year all attendees walked away with a free copy of Vista Ultimate (yay :¬þ ) and Expression Studio (Design, Blend, Web and Encoder). i probably consumed 200 quids worth of cakes, chinese food, and plenty o' grog as well

The speakers are okay but the real hit was seeing other developers and what they had been up to that year. Some of the new code is demonstrated in an easy-to-digest manner as well so you can get some really good pointer from the guys who wrote it

Flame

WTF ?!?!?

so, pay £75 in go-go juice to get to Brighton

lose a day in the office, based on hourly charge £664

cost to get in £400

i really dont think so

i never go to a conference that i have to pay for - stopped that when Intersystems wanted to charge me to attend a tech conference as one of there VARs

case of i buy things from you and you want me to PAY more to you? do i look that stupid...

(Well done reg gettings the discount though... )

This topic is closed for new posts.