Word on the street is that Microsoft and Nokia are cooking something up for Microsoft's Zune. But rumours that the result will be a Zune phone, appear wide of the mark. Quoting a “well placed source within Microsoft”, the specialist pub Zunescene reveals that joint development is focused on content delivery, rather than a …
So first Nokia buy out Symbian, poisoning it too all other phone vendors.
Than having killed the only thing that might ever have competed with WinCE, they're in bed with M$.
Mine's the coat with a psion5 in one pocket, and an iPhone in the other.
Apparently Microsoft has already forgotten PlaysForSure
Hopefully everyone else has too.
The previous boss for Nokia, Ollila was strong and clever enough to stay out of bed with the Plague.
Now I am getting worried about Nokia.
"The PlaysForSure program has been terminated and replaced by a "Certified for Windows Vista" program instead."
Buy them out
Why bother with a loser like Yahoo? M$ should just buy out Nokia.
There won't be any antitrust concerns because M$ phones have flopped so badly that there's hardly any overlap.
“Designed for Zune Marketplace” or “Zune Marketplace compatible”
Until MS decide to move the goalposts.
Meanwhile on this side of the pond, WTF is a Zune?
More to the point what's a "psion"? is that like one of those Japanese fish?
(Making sure there's no legacy h/ware in my pocket)
Psion will be "legacy" hardware, when something better comes along. Although, yeah, I take your point the iPhone's a bit drastic.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Oh God the RUBBER on my SHAFT has gone wrong and is STICKING to things