back to article Dell to launch MP3 player, claims mole

Watch out Apple, because Dell is poised to unveil an MP3 player and music downloads service, according to company insiders. The Wall Street Journal has it on good authority from a mole within Dell that the PC manufacturer has already designed and tested its own MP3 player. The gadget’s thought to feature a small iPod Nano- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dave

Dell

Ooooh! Wonderful. Give me ten, please.

2. Alexis Vallance
    Thumb Down

Oh dear

How long before this is offered free with their machines, along with a printer and scanner?

The party finished years ago. Dell with just embarrass themselves with a not-as-good-as-the-ipod facsimile.

3. Tom Chiverton

Too late Dell

Too late Dell, handily the Sansa clip is listed on the same page, and it's out now...

4. Michael Habel
    Pirate

This could be interesting

not so much as Dell busting out with a MP3 Player, Hell my dead Granny could do that! But, I'm actually more interested in what Dell has planed for there Music Store.

Personaly I'm hopping (I know for quite alot here), for a real iTunes killer App, DRM infected-Free Tracks, and a nice bit of undercutting Apples 0.99¢ price range. i.e. Tracks that only cost 0.75¢ Apple would need to change there Pants then, One thinks!!

* The Jolly Roger cause according to Steve "The most common format of music on there [Insert Mp3 Player HERE] is stolen"....

5. b
    Thumb Up

cool, should be good.

all i'd like to add is that it should have decent recording capabilities.

i just got a creative zen 4gb and it only records at 160k max (in the wma format) and that isn't really good enough for me. (apart from that it's not a bad little toy)..

i'd like at least 320k mp3, but preferrably wav/aif (uncompressed) format.

i've loked everywhere and so few of these "mp3 players" record from a line in. most have microphone in, but no line.

cheers,

bill

stuff and nonsense: http://www.eupeople.net/forum

6. Mike Dyne
    IT Angle

@b

Minidisc is your friend!

IT? as you don't even need a PC to use them! :)

7. Wonderbird
    Linux

OGG support?

The only thing that keeps me from getting the iPod Classic 160Gig is the lack of OGG support. The first player to offer OGG support and similar storage capacity gets my money...

8. Peter D'Hoye
    Happy

@b

Bill (and others), check out http://www.rockbox.org to solve your recording and playback issues

9. andy rock

that reminds me...

...whatever did happen to the Zune?

10. Michael Habel
    Jobs Halo

Re: that reminds me...

IT Zoom(une)'d into the Trash Bin of History, I think it was Walmart (or some such outlet), that decided to stop flogging this crap 'cause nobody wants it.

Myself I'm planing on upgradeing my old iPod 3G (The all Touch Red Buttons One), with an 16Gib Jesus Phone here shortly...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like