Microsoft settled a patent lawsuit with Vertical Computer Systems Inc (VCS) late last week. Fort Worth, Texas-based VCS kicked off the legal spat in April 2007, alleging that Microsoft’s .NET Framework violated patent number 6,826,744, for a "system and method for generating websites in an arbitrary object framework". Microsoft …
what a load of...
can't believe they got that patent.. software patent applications are bloody ridiclous!
Paris, because you know she will never file for a software patent
So they patented Java 4 years after it's release?
Gotta wonder what the US patent office is smoking there.
Couldn't you sue the ENTIRE INTERNET with that patent?
Who are VCS?
And who has used their "system and method for generating websites in an arbitrary object framework"? I wonder if their business model is purely to sue wealthy software companies?
Parasites of the biggest parasite monopoly....
Stu, get on Skype. Scamps is talking about you again
Humanity's inventiveness never ceases to amaze
I'm sure they'll take care not to sue anyone who implemented their "invention" before they filed for it.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging