UK-based net security firm Sophos has launched a €217m ($342m) bid to buy data loss prevention firm Utimaco. Sophos intends to offer €14.75 per Utimaco share, a premium of 92 per cent on its closing price of €7.68 on Friday. Investcorp Technology Partners, the largest single shareholder, has already agreed to sell its 24.99 per …
but everyone was joking about the Symantec / Veritas merger....
"Information security should be as commonplace as anti-virus protection - no longer a nice to have, but a must have," he said. "Companies of all sizes are looking to protect against both external and internal threats, with one manageable solution."
amazing... did they take this from a 10 year old Symantec datasheet?!
Surely the guts of the Utimaco DLP product is the LeakProof technology licensed from Trend Micro.
Have Sophos bought a huge White Elephant?
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account