UK-based net security firm Sophos has launched a €217m ($342m) bid to buy data loss prevention firm Utimaco. Sophos intends to offer €14.75 per Utimaco share, a premium of 92 per cent on its closing price of €7.68 on Friday. Investcorp Technology Partners, the largest single shareholder, has already agreed to sell its 24.99 per …
but everyone was joking about the Symantec / Veritas merger....
"Information security should be as commonplace as anti-virus protection - no longer a nice to have, but a must have," he said. "Companies of all sizes are looking to protect against both external and internal threats, with one manageable solution."
amazing... did they take this from a 10 year old Symantec datasheet?!
Surely the guts of the Utimaco DLP product is the LeakProof technology licensed from Trend Micro.
Have Sophos bought a huge White Elephant?
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize