Feeds

back to article Wii Classic Controller faces US sales ban

The fate of the Wii Classic Controller is hanging in the balance after a US judge rejected Nintendo's attempt to avoid a $21m pay-out awarded against it when a patent infringement case came to trial this year. Nintendo_Wii_Classic_Controller Nintendo's Classic Wii controller Texas-based US District Court Judge Ron Clark …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Stop

If the Gamecube and Wavebird controlers are effected...

...then why did the supposed 'patent holders' wait until the Wii was a roaring success to sue?

And dispite the number of Wii's sold, I doubt that Nintendo have sold $21m worth of Classic Controlers. (And everyone, even me - being a bit of a Ninty fanboi, knows that the 'Cube didn't sell too well.)

%*^$ing patent squatters!

Bronze badge

So what's the patents involved?

Let me guess... The patents involved are all for either a retarded reason (like using white for the entire casing) or were granted illegally (like filing for a patent on game input controls in the last 20 years, despite plenty being around before then).

I hope Nintendo appeal and win. USA's patent law suites really need to start off with someone checking the damn patent was even legal to start with.

This topic is closed for new posts.