back to article Asus P750 Windows Mobile smartphone

Function over form is the name of the game with Asus' P750. No clever styling, no flash graphic user interface, just robust design, a reasonable specification and decent value for money. The P750 is a bit of a chunky monkey. It weighs 130g and measures 113 x 58 x 17.4mm, but it feels very robust and solid, and we reckon it …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Finally

all the features im after in a new phone, but, and its a big but, i'm not going to pay up front for it.

any idea if any of the networks are going to offer this phone?

2. John Shepherd
    Thumb Up

Why has this taken so long to come out?

Just wondering why it's taken so long to get this review out. Wasn't this device released back in February? Looks nice though - might have to get me one... if the sony ericsson c905 takes so long to come out..

3. Al Taylor
    Alert

Contract

@Finally - Expansys are offering the P750 free with certain air time contracts on T-Mobile.

http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=165463

4. Graham Lockley

Dull

Is it possible to build a more dull looking phone ? One look at the pics and I had trouble staying awa..........

5. Amanda

Looks boring, sounds interesting

Finally, someone manages to combine 3G, WiFi, touchscreen, a solid keypad and the ability to take SD Micro (albeit not necessarily SDHC) into one device. Wonder how much weight dropping the mediocre camera would have saved, though...

6. Richard Reed

I get the 'H' all the time

Wrong on no 'H' icon. You're not getting HSDPA. This is a problem with providers. I had to fight with T-Mobile techs to get them to 'activate' my 'enabled' HSDPA. This was after fighting with the Customer Service agents who swore I had to pay another £10 pm to get it.

If you're on T-Mo, you show 3G until an actual data transfer starts with GPRS. Then if the signal has 3 bars, it will switch to H.

I get the 'H' on P750 with T-Mo at my desk on the 9th floor at Canary Wharf, and speeds from 900K to 1.3M bps.

Richard

7. Al Taylor
    Thumb Up

@H

Thanks for that Richard.

We are starting to think that our handset was perhaps non-UK standard or an early model as we didn't get the H signal icon in any of the places we expected it (and where we had it on a K850i and HTC Touch Dual, all three using T-Mobile sims which we swapped about to double check). Also the user guide to all the icons that can appear on the screen also made no reference to the H icon. This may explain our MicroSDHC issues too.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like