Romanian police have arrested 24 people, all thought to belong to a single cybercrime gang. The group is suspected of involvement in various identity theft, credit card and auction fraud scams said to have raked in an estimated €400,000 ($634,000) from foreign victims, according to Romanian news reports. Targets of the scams …
Romeo Cheater? my new porn name
Romeo Cheetah? sounds like a great porn name to me....
got quite a reputation for cracking, looks like a crackdown (see what happens when you use the word correctly) is underway.
Though I rather like the cybercrime idea, 'cybercriminal' yes that one works, could have special cyberjails. Then we could debate the nuances between a cybercriminal and a cyberoutlaw.
The Romanians have an anti-terror group, well now, seems to have caught on across the globe, when was the last terrorist attack on Romanian soil?
I wonder if this is a trend
I am happy they are finally arresting these people but could this just be the consequences of someones political enemies looking to dig up a bit of dirt. Oh well no matter the reason it's good to see.
There we go, a start. The world enforcers should work together to form a uniform cybercrime unit to wipe out cyber crime to extinction and encourage local law maker create a law put them away locked underground bunker 247 without chance of parole for at least 10 years even if proof of reformable. Otherwise mean nothing to the criminals, it's like slap on the wrist with few years in the cell watching TV doing nothing.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Google+ GOING, GOING ... ? Newbie Gmailers no longer forced into mandatory ID slurp