Sony has just taken the wraps off its new consumer-oriented laptop, a machine that promises true movie-friendly 16:9 aspect ratio viewing thanks to a "unique" 16.4in, 1600 x 900 display. The Vaio FW series is based on Intel's Centrino 2 platform - aka 'Montevina' - but then so are dozens of laptops being launched this week. What …
Not really the 1st.
I am an Acer Partner and find this interest as Acer have had the Acer Gemstone Blue Edition laptop out for a couple of months true 16:9 1080P screens and blu-ray, best of all they have also teamed up with Dolby and put a "good effort" for laptop speakers and put a 2.1 speaker system in the laptop. Specs and pricing is similar to Sony however Acer has the a larger screen on offer 18.X" as well as the 16.4".
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth