Good idea? Bad idea? Not even Wal-Mart and Dell are sure. The two "low-cost providers" have teamed to experiment on Dallas natives with a range of technology services. Customers visiting local Wal-Marts will find "Solution Stations by Dell" where they can get help with "home television installation, PC set-up, wireless network …
They probably have a minimum-wage clerk in the store to take the orders, and then probably dispatch it through OnForce or the like.
By the way, Walmart's prices are so low, they've dropped the hyphen and capital M from their name.
Do I hear whalesong...?
I guess there are a few "upscale" 'marts around in the Dallas suburbs. One of them is dubbed by the local populace "The Gucci Walmart." I could see Dell going over well with the $60,000 millionaires in these parts.
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more