Good idea? Bad idea? Not even Wal-Mart and Dell are sure. The two "low-cost providers" have teamed to experiment on Dallas natives with a range of technology services. Customers visiting local Wal-Marts will find "Solution Stations by Dell" where they can get help with "home television installation, PC set-up, wireless network …
They probably have a minimum-wage clerk in the store to take the orders, and then probably dispatch it through OnForce or the like.
By the way, Walmart's prices are so low, they've dropped the hyphen and capital M from their name.
Do I hear whalesong...?
I guess there are a few "upscale" 'marts around in the Dallas suburbs. One of them is dubbed by the local populace "The Gucci Walmart." I could see Dell going over well with the $60,000 millionaires in these parts.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can