Sony claims that only a “limited number" of PS3 owners were affected by the infamous v2.40 firmware, but Sony has said it'll replace any console hardware that was nuked by the update. The company told a number of websites that it’s working with “impacted PS3 users” to determine if their consoles were damaged as a result of " …
How many PS3's were ACTUALLY affected..
Seems James Sherwood knows, by the implication Sony is lying..
"Sony claims that only a “limited number" of PlayStation 3 owners were affected by the infamous version 2.40 firmware"
Why the "claims"?????, and why infamous? It's only infamous, because stupid Xbox fanboys were dragging it up. You would think they would have enough problems to deal with, what with RROD, disc scratching and 360 bricking dashboard updates (proper bricking too....)
Stop frothing for gods sake, the number of comments on this article should give you a guide as to how many people actually give a sh*t.
"It's only infamous, because stupid Xbox fanboys were dragging it up."
Like PS3 fanboys keep dragging up RROD issues?
Quid pro quo
Mine is fine
I love my PS3 it works no matter what.
Like me, and my mum.
RROD vs Firmware 2.40
At least 2.4 is solveable.. So different in severity, and not similar.
Only last week my Elite blew... I was on the fene with all this nonsense, but now I'm annoyed that a box that is supposed to be sorted for RROD has decided to give up...
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM