Next time the missus asks you to pick-up a Bic at the newsagents, you’d be wise to clarify what she’s after. The firm's branching out from disposable razors and pens, and has launched a mobile phone. Bic_phone Bic's phone: available on Orange Bic has teamed-up with Orange France to launch the Bic Phone, which comes with a …
only twice the price of a cheap PAYG nokia!
...Hopefully this will differ from their razors and wont rip the face off you.
Heart because using bic's results in blood loss
Unless France's market is dramatically different from Germany's, this sounds like a recipe for failure. I've never walked into an electronics store here without seeing some Vodafone or T-Mobile PAYG handset for 10-20 EUR (including 5-10 EUR starting credit), rechargeable at any grocery checkout counter or ATM nationwide.
Though 60 min * 0.39 EUR = 23.40 EUR, so let's say that the thing comes with 20-25 EUR credit.
They're still asking a 15 EUR premium for a charged-up battery.
No, not the battery. Yeah, yeah I'll get it in a minute.
Just the other day I managed to pick up a (surprisingly) decent little Sagem on one of the better UK networks for £20 (including £10 mandatory top up). The battery was roughly 50% charged too.
Looks a helluva lot nicer (and smaller) than that colourful (-blind?) monstrosity.
What exactly are we paying for here? The convenience of a pre-fitted SIM?
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan