That's really spooky !
especially with the new law on using cellphones while driving ...
Cant be calling with it (except when using handsfree) but you can write textmessages, look at youtube or surf the web whiledriving ....
I'm going to order a new pair of shoes .....
I saw Wall-E last weekend.. a sign of what to come ?
They lock you down hand and foot. I am actually interested in the 3G iphone , but there are a couple of things i want to find out to decide if it is the right thing. right now i can not go to the apple app store and check it out ( itunes is not a standard application in a corporate environment ... ) they should at least have a web interface to the store.
Other stuff i can not get answers on.
- Can i beam contact information using bluetooth ?
- can i beam a file using bluetooth
- can the iphone mount as a removable drive ( like the ipod touch can) so i can use it to store business information ( presentations, documentation , spreadsheets ) without needing itunes. ( again in a business environment very few if any computers have itunes unstalled.
- will the worlds best audio player finally support A2DP so i can listen to my music in the car ( i have a car stereo that has bluetooth on board. ) without fussing with cables, or using my stereo headset ?
- will there be a real GPS application ( read : Tomtom like ) so that in areas with minimal cell coverage i can still navigate ?
- I also want 3d view like all moderne gps systems have these days. Actually tomtom has their stuff ready for ihone , however Appple won;t let them release it becasue of licencing restrictions on the SDK ( can't tap into the gps you know ...)
My suspicion is :
They want you to use google maps, most likely because if you click through to a business via that system it is ka-ching for apple.
The blocked on purpose file exchange via bluetooth ( to stop all those baaad people from swapping information like audio or ringtones .. come buy them at our store. ka-ching
They blocked stereo audio via bleutooth lest alone somebody would record it via that method..
Yeah i would like a gizmo like the iphone. because of the big screen. If only Samsung would make a blackjack with such a large touchscreen and 16 gigs of memory .... ( i have a blackjack now. It does everything i want and need ( including all the bluetooth stuff, file mounting etc ) its just a cramped little small screen.... and fussy keyboard. I pair it with a little nokia GPS receiver and run tomtom on it without problems.