Solar-powered gadgets are coming off of production lines thick and fast nowadays, and the latest one to hit the desktop is a sun-lovin’ keyboard. Buffalo_Spower_Kboard Buffalo's keyboard is solar or (if cloudy) battery powered Manufacturer Buffalo states that the 4in solar panel integrated above the board's numerical pad can …
...but completely pointless.
I get a good 5 months or so out of 2 AA batteries [sic] in my wireless 'board, pretty much only 4 a year. When it comes to saving the planet I think there are possibly better ways to expend brain power. And £65? It would take 20 odd years to offset the cost of batteries+regular wireless keyboard. The chance of a coffee related accident in that time must be very high reducing the average keyboard's lifespan considerably.
Indeed completely pointless
You're unlikely ever to recover the energy used to make the solar panel. And how much power does the receiver take? I wouldn't be surprised if it's not more than a conventional keyboard.
Come on Reg - apply a bit of intelligence to your analysis of press releases.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000 ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad