Polaroid's handheld picture printer, the PoGo, has gone on sale in the UK with the promise of straight-from-camera inkless printing. Polaroid PoGo Polaroid's PoGo: look, ma, no ink Announced earlier this year, The PoGo isn't much bigger than your average compact camera. It measures 120 x 72 x 23.5mm and weighs 226g, though …
Cost per (tiny) print
23p per print that's a quarter the size of anyone else's and doesn't even match the aspect ratio of most consumer cameras so will either waste that minuscule space or be distorted to hell?
No ta. I suspect if I was given one I would test if it lived up to its silly name, by throwing it out of the window and seeing if it bounced.
Not too bad at all
23p is not too bad a price to pay for such a small, highly portable device. The lack of ink and the permanency of the print will also make it a must have gadget.
Great for amateur photographers to get a general 'feel' for lighting and perspective that are normally only available to pro's using traditional Polaroids. I can see it being good for art/architecture students or for a novelty at parties.
Or for just about anyone on the go!
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Antique Code Show WTF happened to Pac-Man?
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant
- Study shows dangerous asteroid impacts hit Earth every six months