The Department for Work and Pensions has failed to measure benefit fraud properly because of its slowness to improve IT. The accusation is made in a report by Parliament's Public Accounts Committee (PAC), which says that the department's new management information system, known as FRAIMS, was only introduced in February this …
at that price
"FRAIMS, a nationwide fraud case management system, has cost £65m."
.. there is the first case of fraud for it to find.... although for a government IT project its cheap i guess.
DWP / CSA scan in November
I was one of the people who was falsely accused to being overpayed Income Support because of these muppets. I have almost sorted it it now but the amount of hassle, stress and lack of communication between agencies has been awful. To compound the problems they added a third party call "The Debt recovery Agency" who I was required to answer too, this body didn't have any access to any of my data and would not accept bank statements (the only proof I hold) of proof of payments.
The Goverments records are so inaccurate and fragmented that it could not be used as evidence anywhere accept in the mind of the Debt recovery agency. If I was a benefit cheat I could have stole thousands and they wouldnt even notice, this is why their fraud statistic show a decrease. There has in actuallity been an increase and this loss is nothing compared with the waste incurred by the watchdogs
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM