back to article Yahoo! talks! to! Time! Warner?

Yahoo! spent the holiday weekend locked in talks with Time Warner. The two are looking for a way to split Yahoo! up in order to fend off Microsoft's takeover attempt. The idea is to find a way to merge AOL with Yahoo! in order to fend off both Microsoft and activist shareholder Carl Icahn. The firms spent the time in talks with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Down

Oh for fuck's sake

Surely Time Warner can't be this stupid *again*. Fool me once, shame on you... don't they know how the rest goes?

Paris Hilton

Pimp my company

Sad, so very sad... is any deal better than the threat of a M$oft deal? Is the board that self interested? I don't know nor care if Icann is the right move, but the present board are just making things up as they go along now.

Paris, at least she had a business and marketing plan that worked.

Unhappy

@Bryce

oohhh, yes, Time Warner can be this stupid. I was a subscriber once. They raised the bar on being stupid. They made George Bush look like Einstein.

Happy

Maybe...

...TM can get rid of the rest of AOL, like it did in the UK & elsewhere. Yahoo! is good, (been with them since '95,) the new AOL (US) users will see a benefit. I doubt that AOL UK) users will benefit, as AOL (UK) is owned by CPW.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums