Yahoo! spent the holiday weekend locked in talks with Time Warner. The two are looking for a way to split Yahoo! up in order to fend off Microsoft's takeover attempt. The idea is to find a way to merge AOL with Yahoo! in order to fend off both Microsoft and activist shareholder Carl Icahn. The firms spent the time in talks with …
Oh for fuck's sake
Surely Time Warner can't be this stupid *again*. Fool me once, shame on you... don't they know how the rest goes?
Pimp my company
Sad, so very sad... is any deal better than the threat of a M$oft deal? Is the board that self interested? I don't know nor care if Icann is the right move, but the present board are just making things up as they go along now.
Paris, at least she had a business and marketing plan that worked.
oohhh, yes, Time Warner can be this stupid. I was a subscriber once. They raised the bar on being stupid. They made George Bush look like Einstein.
...TM can get rid of the rest of AOL, like it did in the UK & elsewhere. Yahoo! is good, (been with them since '95,) the new AOL (US) users will see a benefit. I doubt that AOL UK) users will benefit, as AOL (UK) is owned by CPW.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs