Given that curtains help us block light out, it seems sensible to use one side to suck up the sun’s rays. So a textiles boffin has developed "smart" drapes with integrated solar panels. Solar_curtains Gadget-powering curtains Sheila Kennedy, a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, has begun developing a thin …
i always thought the curtains were drawn when the sun went down...
although probably a good idea for all the home growers that don't want busted for sucking down to much power and always have their curtains closed, perhaps we should suggest some heat sheilding in the lining??
Don't people close curtains when its night to keep some privacy. And open during the day to get the light in.
Power to the people.
"The home’s solar sucking curtains track the sun and generate up to 16,000Wh of electricity"
My hamster can generate 16kWh of electricityin its wheel. It just takes her rather a long spell of running to get there. I think power would be a better measurement than energy.
Soooo, during the sunny days I close the curtains...
...which will make it dark inside. So I'll have to turn on the electric lights... ..which would waste power, were in not for my aolar panel wallpaper...
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great