During its trumpeted webcast on plans for BEA Systems, Oracle's top brass stressed their commitment to middleware to keep the new flock happy. So it purchased BEA to expand Oracle's presence in Asia and Japan - that wasn't the point. President Charles Phillips and senior vice president of Oracle server technologies Thomas Kurian …
Come on, Gavin - we all know you hate Oracle but this is pure tabloid journalism. The Server Side survey is so flawed (hint - read the comments) it doesn't merit looking at, let alone basing some unsubstantiated opinion-piece on. I guess that now Oracle have come out and said that they are going to promote WLS going forward (no big surprise there), some other FUD angle is needed.
I spent ages getting to grips with OAS, and now it's being phased out...
Just use Tomcat :)
No forced migrations
Gavin, please do keep in mind that this survey, flawed or not, was conducted before the July 1 strategy Webcast (which could not have offered clearer direction, IMO). Would be interested to see the results of a post-July 1 survey (I'm sure we will).
Three key words, which perhaps you missed: "No forced migrations." What's not to like?
EIC, Oracle Technology Network
GLASSFISH is coming...
Paris is crying because I just wasted four years on Oracle certs.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?