This Sony is a particularly fine example of a sub-£300 Blu-ray machine. Dubbed the BDP-S300, it costs just £200 if you shop around online. That’s super-cheap - but can it actually deliver on performance? Can't see the video? Download Flash Player from Adobe.com More video reviews at ChannelFlip.com Special Feature HD TV in …
Errr..... hugely out of date product!
Err, why report on a hugely out of date product.... no DTS MA HD, Profile 1.0 only....
I'd have thought the Panasonic DMP-BD30 (or BD50) or one of the Samsung BDP-1400 or BDP-1500 would have been a far better review as they're all far more complete players - the BDP-1400 is the most logical rival to the Sony and whoops it! Whereas the Panasonic can easily be made multi region for SD DVD. The BD50 does everything with Profile 2.0, on board decoding etc... and the Samsung BDP-1500 can even downmix all HD audio to maximum bitrate DTS to pass over optical - which is fantastic for those with "older" AV amps!
The fact that you can get a multi region for Blu Ray version of the Sony is about the only plus point for it!
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Geek's Guide to Britain How the UK's national memory lives in a ROBOT in Kew