Chinese authorities are going high-tech and have begun equipping elite crime fighting units with motorised Segway scooters. chinese_segway_cops China's police are getting mobile According to the front page of daily newspaper The First, Chinese armed forces were recently spotted using Segways during a counter-terrorist …
"the machines help make cops more visible during patrols"
Presumably they measure this by counting hte cries of "Who's that prat on the Segway?"
like 'Chips', but different.
Presumably, what with this being in China, the Segways will be counterfeit and removal of the handle bars would reveal a huge spike.
We all know Chinese people are short, so the real reason for using Segways is to increase their height.
Not Just New York
>> The idea might strike you as purely a publicity stunt, but Chinese cops
>> could be taking a lead from police in Glen Falls, New York.
Or indeed, our very own Fife police (well not mine, as I don't live in fife, but you know what I mean).
Seriously though, patrolling shopping centres is on thing, but SWAT maneuvers on a Segway?
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun