It’s a familiar story for most computer programmers. You can write in C++ while you’re asleep and you could have a stab at creating a program using Java™ as well. However when it comes to Visual Basic you haven’t got a clue. Balancing which languages you specialise in and keeping a well-rounded knowledge of the hundreds of …
Pete Norvig said it best
What about a reliable language...
...like Ada? An Ada 2005 compiler is out with a free IDE (released under GPL) at https://libre.adacore.com/gps/
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'