AMD's going to be shaking up its chipset offerings this quarter, if an allegedly leaked roadmap slide is the real deal. The timeline stretches out into 2009 and highlights the increasing dominance of integrated parts. Later this quarter, AMD will revamp its enthusiast-oriented 790FX chipset, launched in November 2007, with its …
Looks like DDR2's days are numbered.
The upcoming Nehalem CPUs from Intel (bet you they'll eventually be named Core 3) will also sport internalized DDR3 memory controllers. With this announcement, the transition has clearly begun across the board.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt
- Human spaceships dodge COMET debris pelting off Mars