Trying to become less of an organizational disaster, Yahoo! has shuffled around some executives and even formed a cloud computing division. "Take that, activist shareholders, we've got everything under control." The people who brought you the botched Microsoft acquisition bid remain in charge. So, that's chief Yahoo! Jerry Yang …
In related news... Icahn lost another bid
"BOSTON: The billionaire investor Carl Icahn lost his battle Thursday for control of the biotechnology company Biogen Idec as shareholders voted down his candidates for the board."
Gee they didn't want to hand control over to a puppet management of a minority investor that enriches himself... wonders will never cease.
Oh, stop! My sides!
"The Technology organization led by CTO Ari Balogh will now work on "developing a world-class cloud computing and storage infrastructure; rewiring Yahoo! onto common platforms; and creating a stronger partnership between product and engineering teams." Which makes you wonder what Yahoo! has been trying to do to date."
I don't know if you meant that to be funny, but I gotta tell you, I laughed my ass off <grin>
I never cease to be amazed at how empty corporate-speak can be while using multi-syllabic words that imply some sort of understanding of the situation at hand without giving a clue that they do.
Re-arranging deck chairs? Perfect.
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Feature TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?