The Femto Forum has hooked up with the Next Generation Mobile Network alliance to push femtocells into network planning for 4G deployments, potentially cutting costs and allowing a more phased roll-out. The two bodies have agreed to work together developing the necessary standards to allow network operators, whether using WiMAX …
Mobile phone charges while we use your broadband to VoIP you...
<<Comanpy pickpocket at work, do not disturb
Not homes - Starbucks
T-mob had a 2G femtocell in each starbucks in USA, not in homes. Unless they have rolled out a new product that is far as the actual femtocell deployment in their network goes.
It is interesting what is happening with this now as Starbucks has gone the ATT route.
Nothing here, move along
I can already see a use for femtocells which the operator might not have thunk of: Avoiding roaming charges. Bring your own femtocell while traveling, and you no longer need to roam onto the local networks; better that than leaving it unused at home.
Tmob have indeed launched a new product: tmoblie hotspot @ home.
@EmpFrom: Unfortunately it's likely the femtocell listens to nearby base stations to ensure it's operating in its 'home' area ...
Femto on the move
I think you'll find they will have GPS units fitted in addition to listening to neighbouring cells. However, its unlikely that the operator will allow you to relocate your femto..
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it