Open source systems management specialist Hyperic is sticking its inquisitive probe into Amazon.com's cloud. The firm this week launched cloudstatus.com, a website that monitors and reports the status of Amazon's web services. It currently provides a non-customer specific view of Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple …
I Don't Get It
What's the big deal and why is this important? It ought to be fairly obvious if Amazons service crashes.
Oh wait. Hyperic wants to sell itself to Amazon. That makes sense.
is that if you are a business operating through amazon you pay them a lot of rental every month. So you want to know how efficient their services and what you are paying them for is.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging