It's time again for Cisco's annual customer conference, Cisco Live! in Orlando. Better dust off that old Sadville avatar, networking fans, these things curiously get beamed in at Linden Lab's infamous soul dump Second Life. Cisco networkers master the Rasengan! This year's conference certainly doesn't have the same new product …
WAAS or WAAS?
Am I the only one who saw this headline and thought "What in the name of <insert favorite mythical figure> do Cisco and the Web have to do with the GPS Wide Area Augmentation System?"...
Yes? Oh well, mine's the one with the GPS in the pocket then!
Bloody Americans and their acronym overloading
Bad enough that they "overload" MSG (Madison Square Gardens) and ET (Entertainment Tonight) but now Wide Area Augmentation System.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire