back to article Threat remains despite Safari carpet bombing fix

Apple finally fixed a "carpet bombing" flaw in the Windows version of its Safari web browser, but security researchers warn that the consumer electronics giant's patch only provides partial relief from bugs involving the interaction of Safari and other browser packages. A flaw that meant Safari automatically downloaded …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mr B
    Coat

Wonder Steve

Is not finished obliterating the M$ PCs, he's back, after carpet bombing it's time for Fox fire hunting.

/hunting horn please.

2. Greg

They "fixed" it?

But I thought it wasn't an issue? ;-)

They changed their tune rather quickly!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@ Greg

Not just changed there tune, they changed there iTune.

//gets coat

4. fredfox
    Stop

Hang, Apple is perfect !

There can't be anything wrong with Safari. Apple is perfect. They don't make mistakes.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wait a minute

You mean if you in stall Safari it F--ks with other installed browser ?? Even microsoft didnt go that far. I dont gve a damn what you say. If I install X software and it screws up Y software which competes with X, then maker of X should come under fire.

6. Antidisestablishmentarianist
    Heart

Oh no!

Safari are picking on Firefox now? Now the 'tards will really get in a lather.

7. Ben Bufton
    Stop

Windows Hell

It can't be fun for the guys at Apple who are having to develop Safari for Windows - it's a really important product (iPhone and MobileMe are both very high profile projects which benefit from having this app) but it must feel like plugging a dam just to keep it safe... let alone actually implementing improvements!

And it cracks me up the immediate assumption that Safari "breaks" Firefox... maybe Firefox breaks Safari? On Windows - who knows...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like