back to article Enraged devil dog lover locks on to Reg photo team

Our photographer's unprecedented access to the world's trouble spots and glamorous events has been a big hit with Reg readers in recent weeks. He's brought us powerful images from Heathrow, amazing shock celebrity snaps, and terrifying scenes from the battle of Lesbos (all potentially NSFW). Not everyone's happy at seeing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Gavin
    Pirate

mmmmm

If they can't take a bit of piss take then piss off and grow a thicker skin.

As for some media fear mongering i agree some of it does make you think, "jeeze what shit are they stiring with this" but if 90% of the world population wasn't a dribbling idiot that believes anything they're told then there'd no problem.

My 2 pennies worth

2. Chris Purcell
    Thumb Up

Execution!

"Lester will indeed be executed in true police state style"

Now *that*, we need a picture of...

3. Anonymous John

that are slowly policing us into Nazi germany,

Can I be the first to invoke Godwin's Law?

4. Rob Sked
    Happy

For Double FoTW . . .

. . . does Anthony win a medal?

Or is he visited and tasered until he leans to write in the King English?

5. JP Sistenich
    Coat

DAMMIT!

Why are Cheese and Onion crisps ALWAYS the ones used in any media representation? There are SO many more flavours out there, not to mention Salt and Vinegar being the best flavour ever! Cheese and Onion is DISGUSTING, I wouldn't even feed it to my BABY, let alone my Staffy!

My disappointment in El Reg spreading the falsehood of the dominance of C&O flavoured crisps is disgraceful, and I shall be cancelling my subscription forthwith. Chris Williams should be taken out, peeled, sliced, grilled, and turned into whatever flavour anyone chooses, as long as it's not C&O!

Mine's the green one with all the crumbs...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Twat-o-tron strikes again!

Or if not, is there any way of feeding the Reg's Flame of the Week into its databanks?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@What a tard

Jesus, f'ing christ :( I feel dirty just knowing a moron of that magnitude is even aware of (let alone reading) a news source I frequent.

I always wonder who the people who post this stuff are, I find it hard to believe they can't be detected in real life somehow? Surely no one (in)capable enough to post that has to be 'special' on a whole new level.

8. pastamasta
    Go

Shame on you

Anthony is absolutely correct in his assessment of the gentle and unassuming nature of the Staffordshire bull terrier. I've spent many a peaceful mealtime feeding my own Staffie chips, which he takes delicately from my mouth. I'm unable to feed him with my fingers since he viciously ripped them off with his slavering jaws after a game of tug got slightly heated, but otherwise he is a model of canine restraint.

9. Rob
    Coat

Marmite!

It's Marmite crisps you should be plugging, or at least Prawn Cocktail...

Mine's the one with crumbs in the pockets.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Brilliant!

What a great response, written with pure passion... And of course, totally biased. =)

I've seen a man riding on the back of a Lion, but that doesn't mean Lions aren't dangerous animals.

11. drunk.smile

Noooo.... Don't Kill Lester! The humanity!

"You'll be glad to hear that Lester will indeed be executed in true police state style"

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask, but can we have a playmobile recreation of this.

12. A. Coatsworth Silver badge
    Happy

FoTW FTW!

Machines will never replace humans, and this is a proof of it:Twat-o-Tron is no match for this fine lad...

Would he teach the ways of the rant? If so, check me in!

13. Simon
    IT Angle

why..

"Why are Cheese and Onion crisps ALWAYS the ones used in any media representation?"

Because Staffys tend to rip the legs off any salt and vinegar proffering babies ( in a gentle way ).

14. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Hang on a minute....

...how can he win Double FoTW if he generated it with the Tw@t-O-Tron?

Not Fair.....

15. pctechxp
    Happy

ROFLMAO

very funny

This guy obviously has too much time on his hands.

Got to hand it to Lester though, that guy has a top quality sense of humour and most of you don't do bad either, its why I never go more than a few days without visiting the Reg

excellent work, keep it up.

16. Dave Harris

Twat-o-tron 2.0

Beta - adds cute stuff (eg being fed by babies)

Though I'm surprised no mention of the "musilms being behind,this"

17. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

No! Cheese and Onion Are The BEST

How can you compare the kick-in-the-face immediacy of salt n' vinegar (note the compulsory " n' " there) with the warm creeping fustiness of cheese n' onion?

Mind you, the recent arrival of Marmite flavour has tempted me away from my former favourite.

You bastard, I'm starving now. I'm going down to the snack machine to see if there any left.

Now then, who wants to start a Hobnob vs. chocolate digestive debate?

18. Mike Crawshaw
    Joke

Leave off the alsations Chris!!

Or I'll be making multiple visits to the Twat-O-Tron myself!

(PS mine (alsation, not ToT) prefers "green" snack-a-jacks to Cheese & Onion... they're healthier, he's very good with that...)

19. Thomas

Dear El Reg, what should I have for dinner tonight?

My theory is that if you knowingly allow me to make my own decision, you'll lose your jobs in the media. Right?

20. Jamie Kitson

That Reminds Me

What ever happened to the excellent Rotten Dog Blog?

21. Jamie Kitson

I Smell The Tw*t-O-Tron At Work

For sure!

22. Jesse
    Thumb Up

Pure Gold

"...i have seen staffys sharing crisps with babies before they are so gentle, they are so emotional "

I've seen Snow White singing to the birds while they wrap a blue ribbon around a dog who is breast feeding babies that are riding pink ponies with unicorns dancing in the mist. So gripping, so emotional.

Death to the CEO of Playmobil!

23. Glenn Amspaugh
    Unhappy

Under the influence?

Man, I wish I could get that drunk (while here at work on the hell desk).

24. benito darder oliver
    Happy

maybe they would prefer another solution...

like shoot the owner and later shoot everybody else in the city/county/country/world to protect the poor dog from de devil humans...

really, if something cant stand 50000 volts, i think it's better resign...

25. Gilbert Wham

Which is better?

Salt n Vinegar Smiths Square crisps (crisp version of crack, fuck Pringles) or Marmite flavour? Tough call, huh?

26. kissingthecarpet
    Go

Remember Smiths 'Savoury Vinegar' flavour

- it was vicious, left your mouth feeling like it'd been chewing razor-blades while drinking sea water....

The only thing that comes close now is Nice'n'Spicy NikNaks, but they lack the chemical burn that only the 1970's flavours could supply.

27. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

I like cheese & onion

They're my favourite. So if you guys don't want them I'll have the lot. Yum!

28. Andy Bright
    Flame

True Devil Dogs

I'm afraid I have to side with our crisp-sharing dog lover. Staffys aren't Devil Dogs, only one breed can lay claim to evil incarnate.

The true Devil Dogs as any owner can confirm, are Beagles. My own dog, while not being pure Beagle, has through a satanic quirk of fate inherited all the cuteness genes from the Beagle side of her mutthood.

And why, I might hear you ask, do I say Beagles are the Devil?

Go ahead, buy one and wait a year or so. Better yet, borrow one that's fully grown.

Then knock on the door or ring the doorbell.

That fucking bark will drive you infuckingsane. But no sooner do you put the shotgun to its head, it will look up at you in all its cuteness and quite probably cast some evil spell of bleeding heart nancy boy upon you.. crushing your resolve to rid the world of one its most insidious pests.

Fire thingy because they're the Devil..

29. Jolyon Ralph
    Stop

Cheese and Onion

Am I the only one who feels that something should be done about Walkers Crisps reversing the ISO standard colours of Green for Salt and Vinegar and Blue for Cheese and Onion?

It used to cause me no end of confusion. Forget OOXML, this is the real problem with standards facing the 21st century.

Jolyon

30. Jolyon Ralph
    Stop

Cheese and Onion

Of course I meant the ISO standard colours of Green for Cheese and Onion and Blue for Salt and Vinegar. You see what confusion those Walkers bastards continue to cause?

Jolyon

31. Andy Tunnah

meh!

altho the guy is well and truly worthy of wearing the FoTW badge, i just have to stick up for the poor lil bastards being slandered

the problem with staffies is the origins for which they come from. just like any dog, they can be vicious and switch if not treated right, but because they're a very tough dog, when they do switch they tend to cause a lot more damage

but also because they're tough, ppl think they'd make great show-of-force dogs, or guard dogs (they're SHIT guard dogs, too inquisitive, terrier nature) and its these ppl who are raising em wrong and raising them to be vicious

you check the stats for dog attack instances per breed over the last 20 years and staffies have only been rising since mid 90s or so when the prices dropped of pups (they used to be like 800, now can be 150) and they became another chavcessory that it started to rise

i have a staff and shes the sweetest dog in the world, and i've had 4 before her and never once have they gone for anyone, and when i play or fight with them they have an amazing ability to attack, pin, and subdue you without ever breaking the skin (very funny party piece btw)

we should just ban chavs from owning dogs and it will be fine :D

32. Seán

Cleveland Steamer

http://www.clevelandseniors.com/family/petpray.htm

33. Paul

RE: Cheese and Onion

Now we have got to the real problem.

And as for those people slating C&O crisps, there are only 3 real flavours, Cheese and Onion, Salt and Vinigar & plain. FACT. End of!

34. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

I can't stand all the horrible things in the world!

It has to be the fault of the people to write about them and take pictures after the fact! Damn you journalists! I bet you don't even know that before journalism was invented, we all lived in peace with everyone and all the animals and nations didn't exist and the wind would tie your shoelaces and we lived in harmony with the curd and the tofu and pit bulls were regularly elected to parliament......

[no carrier]

35. Graham Lockley

Shurely shome mishtake ???

'i have seen staffys sharing crisps with babies'

A typo surely ? Im sure the 'with' should have been 'and'.....

36. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

You All Have It Wrong

Perhaps everyone is reading the complaint incorrectly. With the inability to sting a real sentance together, and with obvious spelling and gramatical mistakes, pehaps he actually mean to say:

"I've seen them sharing crisps AND babies!"

Perhaps he was attempting to reference a previous incident he witenessed were a pack of Staffys had all met up in his local park, and where communally eating crisps and babies!

37. Ron Eve
    Heart

LMBO

I just managed to pick up on this piece while slaving over 200+ upgrades over the weekend. Perfect timing. Just as I'm going completely hat-stand I wibble over to El Reg for some 'relief'. That was one of the funniest comments section for ages.

Do keep it up chaps, I can now go forward unto tomorrow (Sunday) in joyous peace.

BTW. I'm really glad no-one mentioned the sulphurous abomination that is Monster Munch...

38. tony trolle

I wish

lays (walkers owners) in the states did cheese and onion sob sob......

39. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Colour coding - damn right

Yeah Jolyon, good point. How many times have I fished around in the cupboard for a packet of cheese n' onion, only to utter an exasperated "d'oh!" as my booty turns out to be yet another Walkers imposter salt n' vinegar.

However, without wishing to sound picky - might I remind you that there is also an ISO standard for the " n' " abbreviation between crisp flavour pairs, as there is for the fish / chip combination meal.

Does anyone remember hedgehog flavour?

http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory.php?memID=4286

40. Richard Avery

Cuddly Staffs & Cheese / Onion

Staffs are one of only two breeds the kennel club recommend as highly suited to children http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/87 but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story!

I refuse to each cheese and onion crisps until they put them back in the green bags http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/media/walkers.jpg/

41. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@rob

"Or is he visited and tasered until he leans to write in the King English?"

I realise it's kinda hard to tell but i believe we have a Queen

42. DZ-Jay

Re: For Double FoTW . . .

>> "Or is he visited and tasered until he leans to write in the King English?"

Oh, the irony!

-dZ.

43. This post has been deleted by its author

44. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

ISO chip colours?

Sorry, youf *ukc*ign mornos the ISO chip collers R:

Purple: Salt'n'Vingar

Gren: Chikin

Blue: Plain

Yellow: Cheev'n'nunyun

Ornage: BBQ-queue

Red: Chilly

Black: Crunchy frog.

45. Mark
    Coat

Early alpha

This guy is obviously an early alpha release and needs considerable work before general release.

46. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Staffies

Thing is the only type of person who wants a staffy are raving psychopaths.

True, a 'normal' person could train one to be civilised, but a 'normal' person wouldn't want one.

I think Anthony demonstrates that somewhat...

47. dervheid
    Unhappy

@ Dog Licences

Good Idea Math. In principle anyway. Problem is, with gov.uk being so 'on-line' these days, that's where you'd be able to get your Mutt Permit, and, as NO-ONE ever tells porkies when filling in this kind of thing on line, this system will easily weed out all the maladjusted arseholes who really shouldn't have a dog, of any kind.

No, sorry, my mistake, it won't.

48. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

What I want to know is

Where can I buy really ruthless crisps they had to be the best flavours ever, end of story don't argue with me because my opinion is FACT and everyone else is wrong.

(flame because they're damned hot)

49. g e
    Thumb Up

Truly splendid illiterate ranting

PLUS... he doesn't want to give up his guns or knives. Cute. You gotta control that slavering cerberus somehow I guess.

And why, exactly would you feed a baby crisps though to be fair the words 'choking' and 'hazard' ARE polysyllabic... Or maybe gun-toting knife-wielding staffy-owning pikey-chav babies are born with razor sharp teeth allowing them to chew their way through crisps burgers and kebabs from the get-go.

Like Chucky... I wonder if they're all born ginger too...

50. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

Staffys sharing with babies...

Hitler was a baby once. Makes you think, doesn't it.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.