back to article Mario Puzo's son sues Paramount over Godfather royalties

The son of The Godfather author Mario Puzo yesterday filed suit against Paramount Pictures claiming $1m in damages over a 2006 Electronic Arts game based on the classic Mafia tale, AP reports. Anthony Puzo, of New York, claims the film studio failed to pay royalties according to a 1992 deal with his father which promised a " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Les Matthew
    Joke

Will somebody make Anthony Puzo

an offer he can't refuse?

2. Neil Howard
    Coat

Paramount had best watch out

They may find a print out of an horses head in their bed

3. Adam Foxton
    Coat

And here's what's undoubtedly the first of many

"what's the betting that Paramount's execs will wake up with horse heads in their beds?"

[horses]Headlines tomorrow: Thompson says games evil!

"Jack Thompson, never one to let the law or rationality get in his way, today declared that the game version of "The Godfather" inspired an otherwise innocent corporation such as Paramount to steal money from the bereaved son of a respected author."

Could essentially claiming the product as their own by not honouring this contract constitute a breach of copyright on the part of Paramount? MPAssA- unto the breach for good (for once)!

Mine's the one with "Forgive me, Don Puzo- I can't afford this month's royalty payments" on the back

4. Lol Whibley
    Coat

maybe

they'll make him an offer..

5. Martin

Sarah - help !!!!

Can you just eliminate all the future posts which refer to making an offer or horse's heads in beds?

(Or are we not allowed to discuss your business with you?)

6. Jason Harvey

business as usual

gotta sue somebody

7. Danny Traynor
    Gates Horns

If I were them

I'd watch out for a horses head in the be....

oh. sorry Martin

8. Brian
    Coat

Oblig. Corleone quote

A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns.

9. Lol Whibley

it

seems there's a lag. when i posted my obvious punnery, there were no entries listed at all. figured i'd got in with a first.. but no! Denied!

10. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects
    Alert

I wanna tellya a story

Once upon a time all the Mafiosi put there more educable sons in the church, where they could find out about the peckerdildos of all de right people.

Then dey put em in the loan shark bidness. Den dey put dem inna de bonds an loans side a tings.

Dese days dey pud 'em in de legal profession and have em scam alla de patents 'n stuff.

Heap big um case got um legs.

11. Captain DaFt
    Gates Horns

@ Brian

Yep, as a wise man once said; "Only a fool steals with guns, the best thieves use the law."

12. Suburban Inmate

@ Cap'n DaFt - Correction

"Only their fools steal with guns, while the best thieves make the laws."

But your comment still has a grain of truth! :)

13. pctechxp

they disrespect him...

they disrespect his family.

No mention of offers or horses anywhere

14. Paul Howarth

well

EAgames will challenge everything.

Don't you know.

This topic is closed for new posts.