back to article Kazakh TV off-air after satellite 'breathing troubles'

Central Asian ex-Soviet republic Kazakhstan has reportedly lost all domestically controlled satellite TV services due to malfunctions in its sole communications spacecraft. Kazakh space chief and former cosmonaut Talgat Musabayev said on Monday that the KazSat-1 platform, launched in 2006, was "alive but not breathing well ... …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Meh

With many regular customers around the world, I am quite sure, that Russian space agency will not lose any sleep over losing a single order from Kazakhs. Besides, this satellite was probably supplied, and launched for free (or at a large discount) so you get what you paid for.

On the side note, the Russians build the Baikanur launch platform, and now, after the collapse of the soviet union has to lease it from the Kazakhs. Some engineers may resent that ;-)

Dead Vulture

Thanks...

...for so concisely reminding us of Kazakhstan's geographic location and history.

Thumb Down

Lern Englisch Silllly

It is alternative not alternate in that context Mr. American Journalist.

Joke

Kazsat-1 - Number one satellite in whole of Kazakhstan

Had to be said.

Coat

Faulty Satellite

Wonder if they can get a refund off Russia for KazSat.... lol

They probably just broadcasted a load of pish on it anyway. It probably couldnt bear all the 24/7 borat type programmes and had an orbital breakdown...

my coat's the one covered in solar panels...

Dead Vulture

Replacement already ordered...

Apparently Borat-1 will lift off late 2008, and will initially broadcast several cultural channels.

Dead turkey, thought its been done to death, its still yummy!

Faulty Satellite

But have they tried the gypsy tears yet?

Joe

Rich in oil?

Then we (the US and UK) must liberate the people from their cruel dictator!

Silver badge

@voshkin

Don't know much about sales do you? Of course they're going to loose sleep over a single order. It's not like they've got a line of customers you know. Every order is critical.

Plus studies show that 95% of customers will return to their first launch provider for other launches :)

Sam

Re-entry?

I like to make sexy time!

Silver badge
Joke

Rich in oil...

Not to mention Potassium!

Coat

Don't put all your eggs in one basket?

But I suppose baskets like that are fiendishly expensive, especially for a third world country. Why, they can't even afford a senseless war!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums