Motorola Labs is to shrink by half as the company struggles to cut costs by laying off 150 researchers and transferring 180 to elsewhere within the company. The cuts will be around the world and will leave only about 300 staff in Motorola Labs, most of whom are involved in long-term research which can't be so easily cancelled. …
dont look like im gonna get a upgrade to my V3
wonder if LG will buy up the peices...
will probably offer them 1$ for the lot as a total loss maker
by then Motorala will probably be on its kness...
Maybe nice to see a Company Hires people story
just once in a while :)
They never learn
Motorola made the StarTac - a really innovative phone for its day. Then they flogged the same design to death for ten years while Nokia overtook them in leaps and bounds....
About 15 years later they made the RAZR - a really innovative phone for its day.........
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging