It's take two for Motorola's kick slider concept. With the Z10, the phone maker has refined the back-bending sliderphone quirkiness of last year’s Z8 with an upgraded features list and a more sober design. The Z10 is geared up with high-speed HSDPA 3G data connectivity; a 3.2-megapixel camera with enhanced imaging and video …
Memory issues and sluggish response
"we found that the menu system on our review sample could sometimes be sluggish to react to button presses, taking a touch longer to respond than we’d expect, particularly if other applications were open. Occasionally, too, we experienced odd software glitches that suggested memory was full"
Doubt Motorola will sort as the Z8 has exactly the same problems. Also when your low on battery whatever you do, don't slide the handset open.
until I read about the memory and slow response i was sold. because it's those same flaws that make me want to replace my Nokia E62 :(
Did anyone else look at the picture of this phone and immediately recall the very slick phone in 'The Matrix'? That phone was the Nokia 8110, which never made it commercially, apparently due to horrible battery life.
Googling, I found a 2007 petition begging Nokia to build a new phone based on the style. Looks like *someone* was listening, at least. 10 points for style, 0 for originality.
I had two (cheaper !) t-mobile 8146's the same phone; very nice phone always wished for a color version like 5110i. battery life just under 40 hours.
The 7110 was poo.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16