VMware is done digesting the application virtualization startup, Thinstall, and will be rebranding the product under a suspiciously analogous name: ThinApp. The company said its debut in app encapsulation will be ready within the next 30 days. VMware's ThinApp follows on the tails of Citrix and its own rival suite, XenApp. …
Had a play with the ThinApp Beta a few weeks back and a Thinstall demo before they were bought out. Absolutely brilliant, especially now there is a simpler way to manage the application isolation levels.
Very much hoping for a nice Educational Discount!
I actually thought Thinstall (or Project Northstar) was a good name, it encapsulated the concept perfectly. I suppose ThinApp sounds more like the competition and gives a clearer idea of what the product does. I'm really surprised this technology hasn't got all that much attention (yet).
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed