VMware is done digesting the application virtualization startup, Thinstall, and will be rebranding the product under a suspiciously analogous name: ThinApp. The company said its debut in app encapsulation will be ready within the next 30 days. VMware's ThinApp follows on the tails of Citrix and its own rival suite, XenApp. …
Had a play with the ThinApp Beta a few weeks back and a Thinstall demo before they were bought out. Absolutely brilliant, especially now there is a simpler way to manage the application isolation levels.
Very much hoping for a nice Educational Discount!
I actually thought Thinstall (or Project Northstar) was a good name, it encapsulated the concept perfectly. I suppose ThinApp sounds more like the competition and gives a clearer idea of what the product does. I'm really surprised this technology hasn't got all that much attention (yet).
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE