VMware is done digesting the application virtualization startup, Thinstall, and will be rebranding the product under a suspiciously analogous name: ThinApp. The company said its debut in app encapsulation will be ready within the next 30 days. VMware's ThinApp follows on the tails of Citrix and its own rival suite, XenApp. …
Had a play with the ThinApp Beta a few weeks back and a Thinstall demo before they were bought out. Absolutely brilliant, especially now there is a simpler way to manage the application isolation levels.
Very much hoping for a nice Educational Discount!
I actually thought Thinstall (or Project Northstar) was a good name, it encapsulated the concept perfectly. I suppose ThinApp sounds more like the competition and gives a clearer idea of what the product does. I'm really surprised this technology hasn't got all that much attention (yet).
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE