back to article US stops Optimus Prime at the border

Air travel was a major theme last week, starting with the news that the US is to require those travelling under the Visa Waiver Program to register their details at least 72 hours prior to leaving for the States. At present citizens of participant countries can enter the US without first obtaining a visa, but from January next …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TeeCee Gold badge
    Happy

Istanbul Visa.

Anyone going that way should note that the kiosk where the little bloke swaps ten quid for a stamp can be carefully hidden behind the door you enter through depending on your arrival gate.

Those in the know enter the immigration area and promptly perform a U-turn to purchase their Visa stamp at the deserted kiosk which is usually manned by one elderly Turkish gentleman (eight or so immigration desks though, go figure). They then proceed to the now-deserted immigration desks, battling against the tide of humanity coming the other way as the lumpen proletariat get told where to go to get their stamp by the immigration officials.

How they must laugh in Istanbul and I am eternally grateful to the person who warned me about that one.

2. Mark
    Alien

DHS

No, not the home stores...

"So much anti-US feeling might just breed a little paranoia in Homeland Security."

This AC quote has me wondering: which came first, the DHS paranoia or the anti-US feeling?

Of course, the query: which came first, the DHS or the paranoia is quite firmly known...

3. Kevin

iPhone dudes crime?

One thing most stories didn't manage to capture about this incident is that they jailbroke the store's iPhone. Which is a breach of Apple's license conditions. Then again, the guys didn't own those iPhones so had not agreed to those conditions.

But, one could easily conclude that jailbreaking somebody else's iPhone is an act of vandalism (yeah, we know it's better that way but painting your neighbour's house is also vandalism).

If they'd scratched "we woz here" on the back would we consider it enough to be detained?

4. Tim
    Happy

That bloke wot likes to harrass rentacops!

He seemed quite brave and self confident till he elected to post anonomously!!! Hahahaha!

This topic is closed for new posts.