AMD is making deals with a pair of multi-threaded code wranglers today in a move to help high performance computing applications shine on multi-core chips and graphics cards. First is a pact with Rogue Wave Software, maker of products that let developers run their single-threaded apps concurrently on multiple cores without …
Both the BCS and the ITC are calling for a paradigm shift from thread based programming tofunctunal programming. This would put more oto the tools and OS amd give the programmer an easir time of working out all those concurrencies etc.. Sounds good to me!!
Re: Parallel code?
Sounds good to me to. Too good, in fact.
Fact is, parallelising a single algorithm is hard. Otherwise you wouldn't be so interested in having your tools do it. Writing an algorithm to parallelise is Hard, and you won't see the problem reduced to "tools and OS" until someone has solved the latter problem. It's been an active subject of compiler research for the last fifty years with frankly nothing much to show for the efforts. Don't hold your breath.
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- Fun-killing fireshow-flunking ZOMBIE COMET ISON only LOOKED alive
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- Inside IBM's vomit-inducing, noise-free future chip lab