AMD is making deals with a pair of multi-threaded code wranglers today in a move to help high performance computing applications shine on multi-core chips and graphics cards. First is a pact with Rogue Wave Software, maker of products that let developers run their single-threaded apps concurrently on multiple cores without …
Both the BCS and the ITC are calling for a paradigm shift from thread based programming tofunctunal programming. This would put more oto the tools and OS amd give the programmer an easir time of working out all those concurrencies etc.. Sounds good to me!!
Re: Parallel code?
Sounds good to me to. Too good, in fact.
Fact is, parallelising a single algorithm is hard. Otherwise you wouldn't be so interested in having your tools do it. Writing an algorithm to parallelise is Hard, and you won't see the problem reduced to "tools and OS" until someone has solved the latter problem. It's been an active subject of compiler research for the last fifty years with frankly nothing much to show for the efforts. Don't hold your breath.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month