Feeds

back to article Microsoft Patch Tuesday promises seven fixes

Microsoft's monthly security update next Tuesday will see seven fixes including a critical update for Internet Explorer. There are three critical updates, three important updates and one classed as moderate. The three critical updates fix holes in Windows, and one in Internet Explorer, which all allow remote code execution …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

question1

is this before or after service pack 3?

question 2

is this for Vista AND XP?

ah - the answers are here

Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose

Gold badge
Stop

Ho hum.

Cue endless fanboi comments about how none of this would be necessary if everyone used Linux, MacOS, BeOS, OS/2, DOS, CPM, an abacus, a piece of paper and a pencil..........

This post will now attract flames 'cos I mentioned Linux before MacOS or 'cos I mentioned OS/2 in the same breath as either, or........

<Yawn>

Paris Hilton

I bet...

A week later a second load of updates are released to fix these updates.

Paris, well because she could do with her holes patching up too...

Paris Hilton

IE

A security flaw in IE?? Say it isn't so!!

Paris because her underwear is about as tight as Microsofts security.

Jobs Halo

No criticism,

"Cue endless fanboi comments about how none of this would be necessary if everyone used Linux, MacOS"

Us? Oh no. We will just smile smugly and go back to our $5 Lattes. hehehehehe.

Paris Hilton

pmsl @ both AC's

Icon ... "fitness for purpose" in answer to both of you.

Bronze badge
Paris Hilton

Paris has underwear?

...yeah, I work on Windows networks... so what? I know what's lacking at Microsoft..

Paris, because she doesn't own underwear....

Emo
Thumb Up

@ TeeCee

"Cue endless fanboi comments about how none of this would be necessary if everyone used Linux, MacOS, BeOS, OS/2, DOS, CPM, an abacus, a piece of paper and a pencil.........."

Fucking priceless :)

Anonymous Coward

@TeeCee

My pen was affected by a serious remote code execution exploit very recently.

A co-worker borrowed it without telling me!

Thankfully the stapler is bonded to the desk so doesn't go missing. I'm working on a similar fix for my pens.

Now where is that red Swingline stapler?

DAMMIT! *lobs CRT across the room*

This post has been deleted by a moderator

Bronze badge
Linux

@TeeCee

Stop that yawning!

Damn... you got me at it now!

Thumb Up

@TeeCee and the rest of the apologists

Indeed sir, because as we all know bad ideas followed by bad design decisions followed by bad implementation are all irrelevant and everything can be made good again by a brilliantly executed weekly patching strategy.

Anonymous Coward

Windoze

Malicious Sotware Removal Tool.... shouldn't that remove Internet Explorer if it is doing its job properly?

Flame

@Slaine

Slaine, are you:

- a rabid fanboy/fanboi, or

- a forum spambot, or

- an arrogant tosser who's about as funny as a dose of the clap?

Or perhaps all of the above?

STFU FFS.

Sam
Linux

Patches..

You know, its not just Windows that has to have patches.

Ask anyone that actually uses linux and you will find they probably have a nightly cron to keep them up to date.

Mac users dont have to run updates very often because apple simply dont patch, they leave them open and then eventually think it might be an idea to plug the hole.

Admittedly, the holes that Microsoft have to patch are often alot bigger, or at least they were.

Not a flame, just bringing some perspective to the argument.

This topic is closed for new posts.