Verizon, the US mobile operator part-owned by Vodafone, is in talks to take over Alltel, America's fifth largest operator, with a view to snatching the number-one spot from AT&T. The story was broken by the Wall Street Journal, and Vodafone has confirmed that negotiations are taking place. Verizon apparently values Alltel at $ …
Do you mean.......
Hundreds of jobs will be lost if the merger goes ahead?
"Verizon and Alltel networks do overlap in coverage, and service centres, so they could be synergised out to a cost saving of about a $1bn a year."
I think thats what the paragraph above means but the management speak bollocks sounds much more dynamic and forward thinking
Come Together, Right Now.
Well, consolidation isn't always a bad thing.
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass