Verizon, the US mobile operator part-owned by Vodafone, is in talks to take over Alltel, America's fifth largest operator, with a view to snatching the number-one spot from AT&T. The story was broken by the Wall Street Journal, and Vodafone has confirmed that negotiations are taking place. Verizon apparently values Alltel at $ …
Do you mean.......
Hundreds of jobs will be lost if the merger goes ahead?
"Verizon and Alltel networks do overlap in coverage, and service centres, so they could be synergised out to a cost saving of about a $1bn a year."
I think thats what the paragraph above means but the management speak bollocks sounds much more dynamic and forward thinking
Come Together, Right Now.
Well, consolidation isn't always a bad thing.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24