Verizon, the US mobile operator part-owned by Vodafone, is in talks to take over Alltel, America's fifth largest operator, with a view to snatching the number-one spot from AT&T. The story was broken by the Wall Street Journal, and Vodafone has confirmed that negotiations are taking place. Verizon apparently values Alltel at $ …
Do you mean.......
Hundreds of jobs will be lost if the merger goes ahead?
"Verizon and Alltel networks do overlap in coverage, and service centres, so they could be synergised out to a cost saving of about a $1bn a year."
I think thats what the paragraph above means but the management speak bollocks sounds much more dynamic and forward thinking
Come Together, Right Now.
Well, consolidation isn't always a bad thing.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars