Verizon's parent Vodafone has confirmed the second largest mobile operator in the US will soon take the top spot by acquiring Alltel for a total of $28.1bn. The deal will see Verizon's subscribers base jump up to 80.4 million, making it the biggest in the USA when compared to AT&T's 71.4 million, but also giving it access to …
It's illegal in the states, but M&A activity permits the customer to be handed around like a freshman coed at a fraternity party - 2nd slam in 3 years of service
the regulators must permit the customer penalty free contract cancellation each time this happens
Vodafone is Verizon's parent?
Since when? They are still the minority partner in Verizon Wireless (and you state so further along in the article)... I guess "Verizon, Verizon's parent" doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?
Vodaphone has a 45% stake of Verizon Wireless which is only one Verizon's three divisions (Business, Core, Wireless). Hardly a good definition of Parent !
didnt we just break this bullshit up?
do we need another bell on our hands?
Now Verizon has *another* excuse to expand it's lame CDMA network and put off that rollout of GSM they've been promising...
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone