The modern model of day-to-day computer use typically consists of a laptop operated in the office, at home and on the move - constantly increasing the need for reliable back-up drives. Measuring 20 x 11.3 x 3.5cm and cased in a featureless matte black finish, the Verbatim 500GB external hard drive looks more like the black box …
"looks more like the black box from a commercial airliner"
Looks black to me, not orange.
That'd be the rest of Europe except Ireland, seeing as how we use the three pronged jobbies here too.
disappointed by the review
come on 'The Register', you can do better than this, this review is lacking useful details like, how hot does the drive get (active or passive cooling?), how much power does it draw in active and standby modes and how much noise it makes.
Maybe a peek inside to identify the brand and model of the HD could have been useful too.
This is The Register after all, not Women's Weekly...
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion