Samsung has pledged to put a 256GB laptop-friendly solid-state drive into mass-production by the end of the year. Samsung 256GB SSD Samsung's 256GB SSD: company's fastest, most capacious Flash drive yet The South Korean giant said the SSD will be made available in 2.5in and 1.8in forms. The latter will undoubtedly please …
...It consumes very little power, but I bet it consumes all of your money.
But they never mentioned a price on these new SSDs.
Would love to have a couple as external disks for carrying around information but I figure the cost for the first 6-12 months will be more like extortion. Cannot blame them though as they are the first to market with this size and specs.
Perhaps if these do well, and they can drive production costs down, we will see affordable large capacity desktop drives within a few years.
Think what it would be like never again to hear the 'CLICK CLICK WHIRR' sound of a dead hard drive.
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- IT MELTDOWN ruins Cyber Monday for RBS, Natwest customers
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle