I have recently purchased myself a shiny new Dell XPS M1330 laptop. One of the options when I was configuring the machine was to include a Wireless Broadband card which was tied to Vodafone, but I already have a USB modem and contract with 3. I am looking for a more integrated solution for my broadband. Is it possible to …
The M1330 has the Dell 5520 card as an option, this card is not locked to vodafone, I just threw the voda SIM and placed my T-Mobile SIM in the slot under the battery. Works perfectly.
You can buy the cards to slot in, saves the USB or Expresscard slot.
The airels are built in to the screen
Found the same..
...you can put any SIM you like in. But from the various tests i've done Vodafone has far and away the best and most stable 3G coverage in the UK at the moment so i'd stick with it if you can... add in to the fact that you can configure it to access Cisco VPN etc (something no other carrier has managed to allow in my tests!!!)
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft