Cross-legged ISS crew members will, hopefully, soon be able to relieve themselves fully into a Russian ASU toilet following the successful launch this evening of Space Shuttle Discovery which, as well as performing the useful task of delivering the second part of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency's Kibo laboratory to the …
Mario the plumber in space?
... go figure
And I'm not just taking the mickey.
Saw it live
Watched it live from about 180 miles away :) That thing is bloody fast. One second it's coming off the horizon, the next minute it's way off and yonder.
I bet there's one hell of a call-out charge for this emergency repair.
As for relieving people on board, I suspect they'll be relieving themselves as soon as they can.
What, the cludgie?
That's a relief
"Discovery will also drop off new ISS crew member Greg Chamitoff and relieve Flight Engineer Garrett Reisman"
Pun intended I assume...
No, the shipment of new cludgie parts.
...taking the piss
Yeah the launches are pretty amazing, I got to see STS-112 - Shuttle Atlantis in 2002, the noise, speed and sight were spectacular.
Went back this year to tour the space centre, 2hrs on a bus and stopping at various sites around the complex, varying degrees of interesting but make sure the wife takes a book to read LOL ;)
Would highly recommend that anybody interested should get over to Florida while the dollar rate is high and before they retire the fleet!
RIP - STS-107, STS-51L
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars