back to article Samsung retracts Safari phone claim

Despite Samsung announcing a few days ago that one of its handsets would use the Safari browser, it has since had to alter the claim because the L870 talker doesn't sport full Safari browsing. Samsung_L870 Samsung's L870: now not featuring Safari Samsung originally claimed that the L870 would sport a feature dubbed “Safari …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Symbian

I think that anyone with half a brain would have twigged pretty quickly that Webkit was the key here.

But it does show how everyone is clamouring to be associated with and in the same mental frame as Apple.

2. Nexox Enigma

S60 Browser

"""But it does show how everyone is clamouring to be associated with and in the same mental frame as Apple."""

Well, it doesn't take much to realize that Apple has some sort of massive PR/Religion going on, so obviously people would want to hang onto that.

Seems like as long as you're running S60 you might as well just grab Opera Mobile. I'd say that the "now not featuring Safari" would be a plus for me, seeing as how I can't stand to use the desktop or iPhone/touch versions.

3. Matt
    Thumb Down

S60

Ugh. Nokia put me off symbian for life.

4. Mage Silver badge
    Happy

So..

So it safari then, just not the swish version of the iPhone.

I find the S60 safari better than either version of Opera on same qvga phone and better than IE on WinMob.

What other mobile browsers are there?

5. Terry
    Alert

Safari - why have Safari if you don't have an iPhone?

Can't understand why someone would want Safari, instead of Opera. Sure if you own an iPhone, but for no other reason...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like