To better compete with NetApp, EMC is to launch a low-end version of its Celerra NSX NAS gateway product. A NAS (network-attached storage) gateway is a server presenting files to accessing application servers but storing them on a storage area network (SAN), The Celerra NSX (pictured) is a data center-class NAS and IP storage …
Lasst year, i got some old EMC^2 Cellera (super-low-end version) 1U Rackmount and played around with it for a little; it was quite interesting to find the $$$$$ NAS Appliance had PCI DMA Busmastering disabled in its bios...
Return of the Celera SE
front-end NAS with back end baby Symm ?
And precisely why would I buy this instead of the NS40 ?
Blue face, because this is how you feel after buying EMC NAS.
On the Data Mover or the Control Station? The control station is just a random Linux box, I/O doesn't go through it.
The interesting low end Celerra will be the one with a single box, with the control station and data movers in VMs. No idea what the Celerra SE has to do with this...
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- 46% of iThings slurp iOS 8: What part of this batt-draining update didn't you like?