Rather cool setup against someone defenseless - didn't know she was Brazilian..
If I recall correctly she's currently on probation and I think this is used against her in the dirtiest possible way (no idea why, I guess it's the "setting an example" form of legal abuse).
A couple of interesting facts:
1. She was on her way to a memorial service. Not one of the happiest events to attend, and not one to make you in the mood for parties.
2. BA(A) lose her bag, AFTER SHE HAD BEEN REPEATEDLY ASSURED IT WOULD BE ON THE PLANE. Let's not lose sight of that - think how you would react (especially considering point 1). If she'd been throwing mobile phones I would have given her mine too if I was there. She was flat out lied to by staff, and worse, she only found out AFTER she had boarded the plane.
3. *No* report of this incident carried the suggestion violence was used. Given her previous modus operandi I'd see that as progress - it also showed none had occurred because I really can't image the screech papers such as the Sun missing out on a cover page splash.
4. *No* apology has ever been seen from BA about losing her bag. Just the usual waffle about "having to protect staff" (which wasn't an issue on days 1 & 2 of the T5 opening, strange). Until someone works out what happened there I think an apology would have been a first step. Would also offer Ms Campbell a chance to apologise for blowing her top like any human being would, and then both parties would almost look like adults. Well, not in this case.
5. At least I know know why UK cops will have tasers. Obviously, spitting people of not even half the weight and BMI of your average copper represent a serious threat. This is thus a hugely credible investment of police and court time.
What really happened (IMHO) is that Walsh had to do something fast to divert press attention from just how godawfully bad T5 had worked. Rather than pointing at BAA who, after all, is supposed to run this shop he got his golden chance with Naomi Campbell who is -as a probationer- not in the position to fight back.
Because I'm going to hand her the ownership of a domain. She can blog there, with friends. The domain name will say it all - check the date of registration.
I don't equate temperament with evil. I know enough people who have short fuses, it just means they cool down quickly too. But long term plotters who don't think much of inconveniencing thousands of passengers for the glory of meeting a planned opening date, well, they deserve IMHO the sock puppet treatment.
Am I defending Naomi Campbell? No, but I think she's being victimised here, and that's what I hate.