Last night there was another outage at the London Internet Exchange (LINX) - the second, and longest, time it has gone down in the last month. The problem began at 18.35 last night and lasted for about an hour. The normally reliable exchange point blamed the last outage on problems with a line card. The exchange also had …
thought that they were supposed to have a dual vendor architecture
so why did a line card have any effect?
Yes. I do think so.
The LINX Does
The LINX does hae a two seperate networks with two seperate vendors, it requires that the members are connected to both networks which isn't always the case. The other LINX network suffered no outages.
Root cause for the outage is still under investigation by the vendor.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER