Last night there was another outage at the London Internet Exchange (LINX) - the second, and longest, time it has gone down in the last month. The problem began at 18.35 last night and lasted for about an hour. The normally reliable exchange point blamed the last outage on problems with a line card. The exchange also had …
thought that they were supposed to have a dual vendor architecture
so why did a line card have any effect?
Yes. I do think so.
The LINX Does
The LINX does hae a two seperate networks with two seperate vendors, it requires that the members are connected to both networks which isn't always the case. The other LINX network suffered no outages.
Root cause for the outage is still under investigation by the vendor.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean