Last night there was another outage at the London Internet Exchange (LINX) - the second, and longest, time it has gone down in the last month. The problem began at 18.35 last night and lasted for about an hour. The normally reliable exchange point blamed the last outage on problems with a line card. The exchange also had …
thought that they were supposed to have a dual vendor architecture
so why did a line card have any effect?
Yes. I do think so.
The LINX Does
The LINX does hae a two seperate networks with two seperate vendors, it requires that the members are connected to both networks which isn't always the case. The other LINX network suffered no outages.
Root cause for the outage is still under investigation by the vendor.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone reveals humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.