Last night there was another outage at the London Internet Exchange (LINX) - the second, and longest, time it has gone down in the last month. The problem began at 18.35 last night and lasted for about an hour. The normally reliable exchange point blamed the last outage on problems with a line card. The exchange also had …
thought that they were supposed to have a dual vendor architecture
so why did a line card have any effect?
Yes. I do think so.
The LINX Does
The LINX does hae a two seperate networks with two seperate vendors, it requires that the members are connected to both networks which isn't always the case. The other LINX network suffered no outages.
Root cause for the outage is still under investigation by the vendor.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack