Big Blue will release three rack servers next month that will come loaded with AMD’s long-awaited quad-core processor. IBM’s x3455, a two-socket system with up to 48GB of memory, will retail at $1,809 in the US. It's intended for customers who use scientific, technical and financial apps. The next model in the series – x3655 – …
I guess when you're third in a 3 horse race
significantly behind HP and Dell in market share, that first to market ceases to be important.
Race analogies -
I suppose the leaders in F1 are not in a hurry to get a new go-cart to market either.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...