Big Blue will release three rack servers next month that will come loaded with AMD’s long-awaited quad-core processor. IBM’s x3455, a two-socket system with up to 48GB of memory, will retail at $1,809 in the US. It's intended for customers who use scientific, technical and financial apps. The next model in the series – x3655 – …
I guess when you're third in a 3 horse race
significantly behind HP and Dell in market share, that first to market ceases to be important.
Race analogies -
I suppose the leaders in F1 are not in a hurry to get a new go-cart to market either.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs