back to article Revealed! The new face of the Eee PC

The sun may be about to set on Asus' famous Eee-assessing blonde beach babe. She's apparently been supplanted by another woman, one with a taste for the finer things in life - and Small, Cheap Computers™. The new face of the Eee is known only by the alias 'The Housewife', and was spotted this week appearing in an Asus Eee PC …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Gosnell

Didn't take much Google image searching...

http://www.inmagine.com/dvs037/dvs037084-photo

2. Jamie
    Linux

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Why do they do this?

The beach lady was the whole reason I wanted to buy the EEE.

That is it Reg you have to take a stand for us and create a petition to bring back the beach babe.

I won't even waste the energy to put a Paris avatart here.

3. Marco Alfarrobinha
    Thumb Up

Dream come true...

Ee + wine drinking beauty... the finer things in life are always welcome.

4. DirkGently
    Alert

Too skinny

At least the beach babe had some meat on her. The new girlie looks like she cooks for others but then "forgets to eat".

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

yup, thumbs up (oo eerr)

Lets face it, after a tear sitting in the sun, she'll be looking like sly stallones mum by now <shudder>

6. Ian Ferguson
    Go

Marketing

The reaction of the majority of Register readers is entirely predictable (see comment number two for an example) but this is good thinking on Asus' part. The beach babe with Eeeeee is attractive to nerdy men, who are also attracted to the latest, most expensive gadget; not Asus' core audience.

Aiming the Eeeeeeeetooo at the housewife is a marketing no brainer, and the new one is a much friendlier, wholesome image. Kudos to them.

That said, it doesn't mean I won't miss the old one.

And that said, I wouldn't complain about the new one...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can we have both of them

At the same time please

8. James Pickett

Eh?

>an attempt by Asus to attract "housewives and office ladies"

I always thought totty was intended to attract blokes!

9. Mad Hacker
    Paris Hilton

Close the fridge door!

She's flaunting her huge carbon footprint by leaving the fridge door open! Who sips wine while the fridge lays open?

10. Rick Brasche
    Joke

@AC

both models of Eee? Whatever for? a Beowulf cluster? :P

It's time to apply the "Rayne Ratio":

http://www.licd.com/comic/20080520

11. Herby

One step backwards

It might have been better if they had picked a different room in the house. The kitchen isn't the best (even though my wife DOES like to cook). The babe on the beach was much nicer!

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We need to know

Does she have children?

13. Shinku
    Happy

Y'know...

...I think I prefer the new one. She seems like quite the fun hostess, and judging by the bags under her eyes, she does it quite often.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

is it really too much to ask???

I mean i know they are on a bugdet, cos they flog cheapo laptops we all want,

but coundn't at least hire a decent photographer a fit bit of totty (model), and find somewhere to get some half realistic photo locations and do the job properly, instead of this contrived photo-shop rubbish (with bird showing the onset of celulite(and on the beach (oh-god!) and dodgy housewifey cut n paste).

Hey i know how about a register competition!!!

For the best (photo-shopped) pics with a Eee pc in.

Rules:

(obviously no rude ones) but anything else is fair game i suppose.

register to post the best and the worst ;p

15. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Of course she's too skinny!

...she matches the skinny sub-standard 4400mAh battery the UK Eee 900 is being supplied with. Hello Tony - are you there? Why aren't you bugging Asus about it? All us mere mortals are getting is "we're currently reviewing the situation - please keep checking our website." Well I got my UK Eee 900 three weeks ago and it took them an awful lot less time to offer Hong Kong purchasers a free battery upgrade than that.

16. thomas k.

a tipple too many?

Looks like she may have had a tipple or two too many, as she's forgotten to close the 'fridge door.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Goddess in the kitchen...

I prefer the new bird... far, far prettier than the funny faced, leather skinned beach "babe". The new girl may be a bit skinny, but I could live with that, she's got a cheeky "Goddess in the kitchen..." look about her.

18. sheepdog
    Coat

Desperate Housewife

Come on, someone had to say it!

Mine the one with Sex and the City movie tickets....

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Housewife?

Can't see a ring on the ring finger, can you?

And why the hell has she left the fridge door open?

20. Barry
    Thumb Up

I reckon...

She looks like she'd make particularly good usage of the extra 1.9 inches.

21. J-Wick
    Coat

@David Gosnell

So, she's not even an Eee PC user, then? That hussy! And why is she on the wine before the dinner's even in the oven? Put that glass down love, and get back to yer chopping board!

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Can we have both of them

I heard the old one tried, but her fingers came off.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But has she got 1024 pixels horizontally?

Anyway, I still prefer the Elonex "pixie".

24. John
    Paris Hilton

Who's to say

you have to get rid of beach babe just because there is a new kick in town? Use em both!

Paris because she thought she was going to be the next model for the eee.

25. IR

Is it just me

who thinks she is saying "I can barely stand, maybe I should open one more bottle..."

26. kain preacher

@DirkGently

"At least the beach babe had some meat on her. The new girlie looks like she cooks for others but then "forgets to eat""

It obvious, she is an alcoholic. She rather have her wine then food

27. George Johnson
    Alert

Why does she have to be tied to the bloody kitchen?

Oh she's such a super domestic godess, cooks like a gourmet, cleans up after the family and still has time in her busy schedule to surf for the latest formica and chipboard nightmare she wants from MFI!

Are the ad people really still stuck in the 50's? Replace EEE with magazine on good housekeeping and it's Festival of Britain Expo all over again.

28. David Cornes

Flash of thigh

Looks to me like she's got either no strides or a very short skirt on - kinky!

29. Steve
    Thumb Up

Who cares about her cooking

I'd cook dinner for her anytime...

30. Daniel Silver badge

Re: Can we have both of them

Can I watch?

31. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Love the new model!

She's slim, pretty, slightly drunk and can turn piles of useless vegetables into computer equipment. Can I get her number?

32. Dave
    Boffin

Extra-large screen

Given what most men tell women is six inches, you could probably convince her that it's a 12 inch screen...

33. Kevin Rudd
    Happy

My vote

My vote for an eeepc domestic godess model with some meat on her bones goes to Nigella (Lawson)(I put the Lawson bit in brackets for those living under a rock). Nigella could be holding a peeled banana instead of a glass of wine, to give a more wholesome health message.

34. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

I feel dirty.

I feel like I'm cheating on my beach loving girlfriend.

Oh, God. I didn't just say that in public. I must be deeper into this lonely Linux geek thing then I thought.

35. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Guess an Eee is like Cinderella

The above link to the Inmagination site reminds me of an ad from Gateway that I saw in an imported copy of PC World a long time ago.

Moral of the story: Keep your Eee out in the sun too long and it turns into a pile of vegetables.

36. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

From cellulite to Starving Ubangi

"The new girlie looks like she cooks for others but then "forgets to eat"."

Those sickly skinny upper arms belong (a) in a charity ad for some starving 3rd-world country, or (b) on a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

37. Elmars Ositis

No cleavage on the new one

Noo.... the beach blonde is better. The cleavage at least makes my heart rate pick up a bit. The new girl... nice. Wouldn't throw her out of bed, not that I could do anything about it anyway, but... just does not do anything for the ticker...

Elmars

38. Steve

Target audience

If the target audience is bored (fit) housewives then they want to put some male equivalent of the beach babe in the advert, not pretty young models who've never seen the inside of a kitchen. The image at the moment is more likely to raise the ire of any real woman.

On the other hand, if the target is adult, male, and having enough disposable to blow £300 on a fairly pointless laptop then they've probably got it spot on, although ditch the pini and get an evening dress on her might work.

39. GettinSadda

It's nothing to do with the target audience

It's nothing to do with the target audience...

The models are obviously chosen because they appeal to the PR-droid making the presentations. Please don't assume that there is any well thought out targeting going on!

40. Neil

so negative...

I bet those complaining about cellulite and skinny arms etc. are either:

a: Single

b: Married to someone who fell out the ugly tree, hit every branch on the way down, and landed in a puddle of mud.

c: Gay (and confused)

41. GettinSadda

Re: is it really too much to ask???

OK, my contest entry:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1568/shuttleqw4.jpg

I'm sure this is far too powerful for the shuttle, but it may be a good upgrade!

42. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

time to update ...

... the quotation

"A woman must be a lady in the living room, a chef in the kitchen and a courtesan in the bedroom^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hlinux geek on the laptop.

43. Spleen
    Paris Hilton

I vote for the new one

She doesn't look as if she's in the first stage of Goatse observation (the "what /is/ that?" stage that precedes recognition, revulsion and finally forwarding), she looks friendlier and you can see her eyes.

44. James Thomas
    Paris Hilton

Daft Bint

Not clever she's burning her fridge motor out leaving the door open! Paris cause she's obviously using it to light the room.

45. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"...twilight of her autumn"

...is pretty good.

46. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Same chick in both photos...

Compare nose, chin, cheekbones, laughter lines, eyebrows etc.

Mine's a full bodied Aussie red, cheers.

47. George Britton

Someone else involved?

That wine-glass swigging arm is not attached to her. There's two people in that picture.

48. Adam T

Real Life

They obviously missed a trick...

http://www.imagesource.com/search/image.aspx?id=220182

:)

49. Geoff Johnson

Epic title.

Here's the title of the web page the pic came from.

Smiling Woman Standing in a Kitchen Holding a Glass of Red Wine Dv2119015,2119015,Enjoyment,Preparation,Food And Drink,Healthy Eating,Domestic Life,Vitality,M87,Y50819,Series,Only Women,One Woman Only,Top,Tank Top,Indoors,Waist Up,Half Full,Protective Workwear,Apron,Looking,Looking Away,Adult,Adults Only,Caucasian,People,One Person,Hairstyle,Hair Back,Only Young Women,One Young Woman Only,Domestic Kitchen,Smiling,Toothy Smile,Clothing,Casual Clothing,20s,25-30 Years,Cheerful,Touching,Holding,Wine,Red Wine,Prepared Food State,Chopped,Standing,Blond Hair,Glass,Wineglass,Food,Salad,Furniture,Kitchen Counter,Side View,Leaning,Drinking,Close-up,Day Stock Photos / Pictures / Photography / Royalty Free Images at Inmagine

What kind of monitor width do they think we have.

50. b

Ehehe!

who are these people, do we know their names?

i think they should get some credit for all this ogling that has been done at their pictures?!

btw, tracking this space here (all welcome!)

http://www.eupeople.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487

including piccies! ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like