back to article Microsoft loses Alcatel-Lucent patent legal spat

Microsoft lost a lawsuit yesterday in which it alleged that Alcatel-Lucent had violated software patents used in business telephone networks. The US International Trade Commission (ITC) said on Tuesday that the French-American networking group Alcatel-Lucent was not guilty of infringing four patents for software used in a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Appeals, more appeals and money for the lawyers

Microsoft will hire the most expensive lawyers on the planet and drag this case through as many appeals as possible... why not, they can afford it and it will annoy their competitors.

2. Herby

Similar to the "Linux Patents"?

Maybe this is the same result of those glorious "Linux Patents" that Microsoft claims to have. So, sorry, you don't infringe on those! Maybe that is why Microsoft doesn't want to tell anyone what patents they violate until they get to court. It makes the defense much easier!

Than again, I'm probably not the only one who won't shed a tear about this ruling. Now where are those eyedrops I use on stage?

3. Phillistine

Anybody know about 'Burst' patents ?

It was Microsoft that royally s*****d Burst communications for patents relating to video compression. And Burst did real R&D costing tens of millions of dollars, so, they were not 'Patent Trolls', so to speak. Microsoft started licensing discussions and once they had enough information, they just said, 'No, Thank You' and ceased negotiations.

The saga has many gory details but the bottom line was, Microsoft had more lawyers and more money just to wear Burst down. Search the net for details and you'll understand.

They however could not do it with Alcatel-Lucent.

I guess what goes around .......

4. Eduard Coli
    Heart

Lawyers, guns and money

Warren Zevon we miss you.

5. heystoopid
    Paris Hilton

Hmmm

Hmmm , not eggsactly a good day for Balmer's Legal teams across a few fronts , perhaps they forgot to duck and cover and did not see the latest round of incoming missiles of late ?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like